Sunday, October 30, 2011

Awareness

In Vasisthasana, since I am supposed to be staying still, I am trying my best to tighten my legs and gluteus maximus. Doing so makes my legs and gluteus maximus feel a burning sensation. In addition, when I look up at my extended arm, I try to resist the temptation of my arm to sway downwards to my hips by focusing on keeping it straight and perpendicular to the group. As I stay in this position, I feel my hips sinking into the ground and I focus upon keeping them upward. While I do so, the hip that is farthest away from the ground stings with pain. I feel my shoulders shifting towards each other. In order to prevent them from shifting towards each other, I breathe into my chest, soften my neck, and let my chest expand so my shoulders blades can open up and therefore become straight. This makes my shoulders feel surprisingly relaxed. My chest feels filled with air and more stiff than I normally feel it. The arm that is touching the ground and holding me up starts to hyper-extend and become numb. I have to micro-bend that arm and send the breath into that arm in order to prevent it from hyper-extending. My core feels as if it is on fire because I am tightening it to hold my body off the ground. I feel that the more I concentrate upon tightening my abdomen, the more my body is able to hold itself off the ground. Finally, my spine seems to feel elongated as I am in the position because I am supposed to be working on keeping it straight. Since I am breathing into my spine, I feel my spine relaxing and straightening. I feel extremely concentrated as I focus upon not falling and look straight forward to the same spot to present myself from toppling over.


No comments:

Post a Comment